Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scheduling Sleep

So on the job front, when it rains it pours. For one, I am still loving my job. It's part-time so I still have the afternoon with the girls, and it's just enough time away for me to miss them. :)
Jason will start teaching next week at 3 different community colleges: one in Hillsboro, one in Gresham and one in Vancouver, WA. For those of you not in Portland, that's a lot of travel travel. He will also be doing some tutoring and teaching for the SAT. At the moment his schedule is PACKED. He is literally writing in "sleep" on the calendar. Even though it will be a lot of work, I think he's really looking forward to teaching again. It is so much a part of who he is and I know he's missed it. I just wish he didn't have to travel so much.

Speaking of school. Lena will start her new pre-school next week. We got her into a local Headstart program and we are all pretty excited. Last week we had a home visit from her new teacher. Lena IMMEDIATELY grabbed her hand and showed her around. (never shy my girl) She'll get to take the bus in the morning and afternoon and I think that's almost as exciting to her as school.

Pilar will be attending a local community center playtime twice a week. She started that last week and really seems to like it. I was concerned at first because she's always gone to those sorts of things with Lena and I was afraid she wouldn't want to stay without her. But she really seems to like it and I think it will be good for her to get out from under her sister's shadow for a little while. Her 2nd birthday is coming up soon and I can't believe how fast it's gone. (cliche, I know, but oh so true). She' s not a baby anymore which makes me both happy and sad.

I'm hoping all this activity means the girls will be a little less crazy in the afternoons, but I know deep down that is a foolish hope......But a mother can dream. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home