Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Green Acres

So as I promised, here are some pictures and a short video of our Sunday trip to the Great Oregon Steam Up.
There were many many antiquated tractors driving around:

I have no idea how old these are, what they are called, or what their original purpose is. I'm sure Jason or Gail or Dan know, but unfortunately for you, I am what you might call citified. I pretty much just thought they looked cool.... and tetanus -y.
There was also a thresher, which Lena really liked. She spent much time collecting straw:



Pilar pretty much just slept.Lena and I also rode a very cool model train. Jason took many pictures but I look like a fat, grumpy FBI agent ( I brilliantly wore all black with black sunglasses) and even usually photogenic Lena looked weird, so no pictures for you. While Lena and I trained, the rest of the family watched a tractor pull. A tractor pull is such a strange idea. It's as if a bunch of bored farmers got together one day and said," Bet my tractor can pick you up..." and thus was born an event.

Lena's official birthday was Tuesday and we had saved some family presents for the occasion. Gail made delicious brownies with icing, and Lena opened her gifts. Grandma and grandpa Stiffler gave her some pink clothes, a notebook for her artwork and a box of stickers (most of which she and Pilar have already used). She got many books, a puzzle, snacks and a lunch bag from Uncle John, Aunt Ruth and Cousin Cynthia. I have now read the Magic School Bus about 2 dozen times. They also gave her 4 one dollar bills, which excited her to no end. Finally, her best friend Aidan and his mommies, Kate and Melissa, sent her the GIRLIEST thing on the planet:
The official Sleeping Beauty princess dress. She is wearing it as we speak. Now there's some birthday love for ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home