Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Campers

So I've been waiting to blog about this because I wanted to add pictures, but I haven't had time to edit the picture, so this will be a less interesting post than I wanted. Once I get all the pictures edited I'll post them.

So the most exciting thing we've done lately is camp. At the end of August we went on a 3 day trip with uncle Jared, aunt Emily and cousin Anna to the Ochoco National Forest for the Oregon Star Party. Lena was really excited to sleep in a tent and even more excited when she found out she got to pee on the ground. Yes, there were port-a-potties, but she has enough trouble with regular potties....We brought a little portable potty just for her. The potty included a bag just in case the ground was not an appropriate place for pottying... (we were fine with peeing on the ground, but pooping was another story.) After she'd gone in the bag she kept yelling "I pooped in a bag!" She's so easily excited. I'm sure our neighbors were impressed. We went on a few walks, and Jason and Jared took Lena butterfly hunting. She actually caught one on her own, and was VERY proud of herself. Emily, who is always creative, helped the girls make little forts for the plastic bugs we brought along, and I mostly just hung around. In the evening, the sky was the brightest I've ever seen. Jason brought both his telescopes and Jared brought his. We had a nice time the second night, sitting out, talking and looking through the scopes. The girls stayed up just long enough to take a few peeks, but were pretty wiped out from playing all day. I think this will likely become a yearly tradition.


2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like such a neat time! Jack's loves camping, and sleeping outside in tents. I haven't taken him far enough away to pee on trees yet... You guys are brave!

-Dana

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or just stupid....Now I'm afraid to take her to the park. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home