Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crafts, crafts and more crafts

SO I have many more updates. The first one: I finally have my Etsy store up!!!
Monita Bonita

Jason spent the better part of Saturday setting it up while I was at the Crafty Mamas Bazaar. There are only veggies up right now. I'm going to add fruits and sweets soon. One of the very sweet crafty mamas at the bazaar suggested adding something every few days instead of all at once. Something about staying at the front of the search.

Speaking of the Crafty Mamas Bazaar.... I did it again this Saturday. I was not as successful this time around, but it was still a lot of fun. As before it was at Milagros Boutique (where I am now a consignor and had a picture of my foods featured on their front page. Scroll down a bit) I really like Milagros. The owners and people who work there are so sweet, down-to-earth and helpful. When I was there tagging my stuff, Carrie (Milagros employee extraordinaire) spent a good 15-20 minutes helping a customer find exactly the right baby sling for her. It's a nice community-minded shop and I'm happy to be consigning with them. At the Bazaar I again met many super crafty mamas. Here are a few.

Roopal from 1st Comes Love was there again. I highly recommend working with her if you need any sort of invitation, announcement or say a logo with a monkey on it.

Catherine Hostetler from Killer Beads brought some of her GORGEOUS jewelry. Her site does not do her large inventory justice. I think she said she would be adding stuff soon, so check it out again in a few weeks (or so). She carries a lovely magnifying locket that I covet.

Rachel Mueller from Baby Bumble Boutique was very sweet and had some great sparkley t-shirts that would have blown Lena's mind. Unfortunately, I don't see any on her site. Maybe she'll add some soon.

A mom whose name I forgot (sorry) from Charlie Tex Originals makes adorable and soft t-shirts and onesies for tiny Portland and Oregon lovers everywhere. I may have to get one for Lena soon.

Speaking of things I have to get for Lena. Jennifer Greensted from Mama Runs with Scissors (the most AWESOME name for a shop EVER) had some badass baby clothes. Particularly a pink, black and white pirate tutu. So very cool.

On the other end of the badass spectrum, but just as cool is Lori Wahl from Mister Judy. I love her dresses and tops made with vintage fabric. They're so old fashion they're new again! One of the things I really like about this line of clothes is there are almost as many things for boys as girls. Not that I personally need little boy clothes. I'm just saying.....

Kathryn Brant from Spider Sewing had some of the most enticing merchandise there. adorable cloaks, not just for little ones, but for their dolls and stuffed toys!! I could have spent my earnings all at her tent. But I behaved. damn behaving....

Last, but certainly not least, is Allisa Jacobs from Quiltish. I enjoyed talking her (and Roopal's) ear off for about 5 hours. She makes the most beautiful, soft and clever blankets, bibs, softies and burp clothes. Not to mention purses and bags. Quite a few of her bibs and burp clothes have terry cloth on one side. VERY useful for cleaning faces, etc once burping or eating (or burping AND eating) are through. Check out her flickr feed. I'm seriously considering having her make quilts for Lena and Pilar for xmas. Her blankets are SOOO soft and my girls really like blankets, though doesn't everyone.....




1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger MamaCta! said...

You have been a busy mama! I checked out your etsy store and I'll spread the word. I also checked out killer beads, very nice! You know how I love beads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home