Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So Busy

I am trying to do this while nursing so forgive the inevitable typos. (YES...she is STILL nursing...)

My parents left for California on Sunday. I was sad to see them go mostly because it will be so long until I see them again. The girls had a great time with them. I'm not sure Lena Really remembered them at first, but she is now asking for them to come back. so I guess it really made no difference anyway. Pilar definitely did not remember, but she warmed up pretty quickly. We mostly hung around the house, but did have a couple park days.The big event was Lena's 4th birthday party. We held it at Irving Park, which is a great walking park but has no parking. The theme was pirates and princesses to appeal to both Lena's adventure prone spirit and her new girly fascination. She was also finally old enough for a pinata!Pilar...not so much, But she still got to play. Yay for big sisters!She got some really wonderful gifts. Uncle Jared and Aunt Emily gave her some fun dress up stuff.....
and caterpillars! One metamorphosed in the jar and flew out when Lena opened it!All in all Lena (and the rest of us) had a wonderful time with friends and family.

5 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger egassner said...

Sounds like fun!! I like that...Pirates & Princesses! Lol.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger MamaCta! said...

Your girls are sooo precious. It was good to see your parents(via photo) they look as young as ever!

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama C - I showed them your pictures and they said the same thing about you! :) My sister moved to Wisconsin about 6 weeks ago, so they are grandchildless in LA right now. I think it's going to take some getting used to for them. They both still have so much energy - though I'm sure they'll find something to do with it.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Looks like lots of fun! You have little cuties.

Your post "nursing while typing" sounds so familiar. LOL! I remember those days. I often wondered if others did that too. LOL!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle - more often than I would like. :) I plan on weening her soon. I'm not looking forward to the crying, but I can't wait to have my body back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home