Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sugar Honey Ice Tea

So Lena is starting to say actual words. She's been "talking" for a while, but it's some crazy moon language made up entirely of the "words": segoy, zooy, gud, HEY! and various facial expressions. Some recognizable words she can say include: hi, egg, and good. phrases only Jason and I understand include: what's this? (whasis?) , what are you doing?(whadoon?) and Hi Dad (hida). We've been trying to get her to mimic words we tell her. For example, I point to a tree and say "tree. Look Lena, TREE. Say it with me...tree. Treeeeee. Tree." Her response: "segoy?" and the maniacal laughter of the very young. This was the general pattern until Monday.

This weekend was somewhat busy. Lena and I went to a birthday party and Jason went to Simi Valley for game day, or geek club as I like to call to it. Simi Valley is quite a ways from Claremont so he used most of the gas in the car. I do not notice this lack of gas until I am already enroute to the store on Monday. I have no idea how low on gas we are, only that the gas light is blinking at me. I am not relishing running out of gas with a small child in the car so respond as I always do in these sorts of situations: cursing. Well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest, but I'll tell you anyway. I start yelling "shit shit shit" and from behind me comes the perfectly intelligible echo: "shit, shit, shit" and of course, maniacal laughter.


2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I fell out of my chair! I can just hear her laugh! Wait'll your dad hears about it, I'm sure he has LOTS to teach her. "Lena, can you say booger?"

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that is too funny! Woohoo, now I don't have to teach her to yell, "shit shit shit!" Mwahahaha, etc., et al.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home