Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas

So Christmas is over. I find that this year I'm actually glad for it to end. Not because I didn't have a wonderful holiday (I did), but because I'm just tired. It's Wednesday already and I still feel like I'm recuperating. But Lena has a lovely new pink and purple plastic kitchenette (thanks mom) and some loud musical instruments (thanks Gina) to occupy her so it's all good.

We spent Christmas morning at my sister's house so that my parent's grandkids could open presents, swap presents, or fight about presents all together. Apparently, even on Christmas, someone else's toys are much more fun than your own. The older boys, Anthony and Kyle, got game boys, so spent their morning in electronic bliss. Tristen and Helena, however, spent much of the morning deciding who would get the elmo doll and who would get cookie monster. (Lena has Elmo and T. has Cookie in case you wondered.) Nick and Kelly, Who spent the weekend on the aerobed in the living room, were smart and slept in. We spent the evening messing up my parent's house and eating ham and tamales with many cousins. One of these years I will find my grandfather's tamale recipe and make enough to last all year. (I really am still looking, Emily. I promise) Although, there's something about eating tamales on Christmas that makes them extra good.

We will be heading up to Portland soon for Christmas #2. This is the third year we've done this and I find that although I wish our families could all be together for the holidays, there's something nice about prolonging the season. Not nice in a doilies on the couch, "my-what-a-lovely-sweater" sort of way. Nice in a kickin' back on the couch all day listening to Air America sort of way. It's a vacation I look forward to.

So that was my holiday. I hope yours was just as fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home