Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Curious about George


I took Lena to Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop for storytime this morning. First of all, I LOVE this store. The clerks don't even mind if small sticky children touch the pretty books and mess up the decorations. But the best thing was storytime.

I was worried that Lena would be too young and bother all the other children whose parents would then turn on me with angry "what kind of mommy are you!?" looks. But Lena was actually quiet and happy to sit on my lap. I think partly because the giant curious George and "the man in the yellow hat" compelled her to ponder the mysteries of fiction vs. reality. She had an "oh my god they can escape from the book!" look on her face for most of the reading. Her friend Aidan, however, was very interested in touching George and yellow hat man, so went up to take a look. Usually, Lena is the more intrepid of the pair, but Aidan had a great time wandering around. After the reading there was a photo opportunity and craft, followed by a snack - a banana snack.

A great time was had by all and Lena went home tired and happy. I am definitely putting this on my Regular Lena Activities calendar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home