Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trish Soap

So a week ago I went to Trish's house to make soap. It was a blast! (except for the part where she blended her finger) I learned many, many things about the soap making process and was especially happy to see the gel phase, since had I not been told it was normal, I would have thought the soap was botched.

Trish makes absolutely lovely soaps, which I am still using. Here are a few:

I probably should have taken pictures BEFORE I started using them. The one without the wrapper is kumquat, which smells DELICIOUS. Although my hands down favorite is chai spice, which is a nice smelling lump in my shower right now.

In the 80s, before they were ironic, Hello Kitty accessories were a necessity in every little girl's pencil case. The best item was the Hello Kitty eraser because it smelled like heaven. My best friend, Kimmy, had a friend who would break off pieces and shove them up her nose so she could smell that eraser all day. I'm telling you this story because, if I could, I would break off pieces of the chai spice soap and shove them up my nose since it is what the air should smell like.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger MamaCta! said...

That is so funny you mentioned the Hello Kitty erasers. I had completely forgotten about those things. But when you mentioned the smell, I remember it like yesterday--it took me waaaaaay back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home