Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still here and very cold

Hey. It has been snowing or snowing temperature here since Sunday. We are not exactly snowed in, since Jason and I were able to walk to the store to pick up supplies (and I walked to the bus to get to work), but we haven't been out and about as much as I wanted. Jason finished fall quarter on Monday, and has been mostly relaxing (as much as you can with 2 small housebound children). I did most, if not all, of my Christmas shopping early so no need to bus to the mall or anything. Almost all presents will be hand made or traded for handmade anyway. People in California and Wisconsin (you know who you are) will have to wait for Christmas presents however, since I don't think I'll be able to make the postal deadline. So it's Christmas in January for you. Hurray!

I finished all my special orders, so now I'm working on treats for the girls. I've made one hat (Here it is on Pilar, but this one is Lena's)

The flower was added to cover up the seams from changing color. I'm not that great at the crochet stiches required to make color change seamless. I also attempted a crown:

This one turned out pretty well. It's a bit big, but she loves it. I'm making one for Pilar once I finish here. I will also be making one for their cousin Anna, so they can all be princesses, or fairies, or whatever together.

This post has taken WAY too long. I had planned to include a list of craft fair vendors, but the girls are making that difficult, so I'm going to go break up whatever argument is currently raging. Whoever said little girls are sweet and demure was full of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home