Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Snowing!

It's snowing! Last year it snowed on Christmas, which was very exciting since Lena had asked for snow for Christmas. Pilar, however, was too young to be much more than confused. So the snow today is pretty exciting to her. I think soon we will be outside playing in it. According to the little weather indicator at the bottom corner of my computer, it will be sunny but cold on Monday. I don't know how much I trust that, however, since it says it is overcast right now and I can look out my window and see it actively snowing.....I'm thinking snow day tomorrow.

Yesterday's Craft fair was a bit disappointing. The vendors were fantastic. They had interesting, quality goods to sell and were great company, but because there were weather warnings all day yesterday and it was COLD and wet almost no one came out. I had a few sales (enough to pay for my table fee and some items I purchased) and most of the tables had at least one sale if not more (I believe) it was still disappointing. I will list the vendors who came on Monday's post (I have to dig them out of my plastic storage bins). On the bright side, the fair accomplished what it set out to do. Make some money for Lena's pre-school. My mother-in-law spent an entire day and most of a night recycling crayons for our sale. The crayons were definitely the best seller: 16 sets. We also made money on the table fees: 12 spaces. So all in all successful for Headstart, though I wish it had been better for our vendors. Stupid weather.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger zukzuk said...

Congratulations Lysa, you won yourself a big Birdland print!

Would you be so kind as to send me the address you'd like it sent to. My email address:

hellozukzuk[AT]yahoo.ca

Cheers!
Helen

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lysa said...

WOO HOO!!!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lia said...

Hey Lysa,
My husband and I came up to Portland for a quick visit this weekend. Some might think the cold weather would turn us off, but we loved it. I posted some pictures on flickr and my blog (www.mycraftevolution.blogspot.com)
I'm glad to see the crayons were a hit at your craft fair. Yea for recycled crayons.

Stay warm,
Lia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home