Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busy but Happy

So I've been busy crocheting foods for my upcoming craft fairs. I'll be selling my wares this weekend at the Winter Workshop Bazaar at Fort Vancouver HS, at South West Parent Child Co op next Thursday, and the Winter Bazaar for Head Start on December 13th. I'm also doing some craft trades for stocking stuffers for the girls. Surprisingly, I still enjoy crocheting and seeing what I can come up with, so it's all good.

I've also been on a happy high since last week's election. I was not surprised or worried, as many people I spoke with were. I was looking forward to watching the election results with my family and applauding as state after state went blue. But at 8 pm pst, when CNN announced Barack Obama was the President-elect, I breathed a tremendous sigh of relief. I had not expected to feel so relieved, as if I had been holding my breath for a very long time without realizing it. I've been politically cynical for so long, it's taking some time to adjust to feeling hopeful. I'm not so naive to assume all is now right with the world (the passing of Prop 8 in California is proof enough that we have far to go before we are ALL considered equal under the law), but there is a sea change, and it is a start.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prop 8...this should rain on your parade. Wolfe's in Claremont gave money in support of Proposition 8 and kicked out someone who asked about why they were supporting it. Wolfe's used to be such a good source of good food...now, it is just another place to avoid because bigots and idiots apparently run it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home