Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Some projects finished, still more to go

So I finished the pancakes for my customer, I think they came out pretty well.
I also got to see how the soap my friend and I made this weekend came out. 2 of them came out very well (I think), one...not so good. They are only 3 days old, so I suppose they can change and/or improve... We'll see. I'll keep you posted...

above is the calendula soap. it is kumquat scented from brambleberry, which is a beautiful fragrance. However, this soap is also VERY soft. It did not trace properly so I am not surprised. I'm holding out hope.
This is our oatmeal soap. It is scented with lavender and rosemary essential oil. I wanted to see the difference between essential oil and fragrance oil. So far they both smell good and strong.
This last one is my favorite. We went for a ghosty, halloweeny look. I think it came out very close to what we wanted. we used spellbound woods, also from Brambleberry. It smelled great in the bottle, but I'm not so fond of it now. I'm hoping it improves because I LOVE this soap.

This post has taken hours, through 2 baths, 6 books and one cup of juice. I have to go to bed now...

7 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger egassner said...

Oooohh. I LOVE the halloweenish colors! How very cool! I will have to try now. What did you use for colors?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lysa said...

We used tangerine POP mica and black mica. I'd never used mica before, but it seems to have turned out. :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Suds to Love said...

I love the Halloween swirl! Good job on the other soaps as well. The more you soap, the better it goes.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I love the spooky Halloween swirl too! The colors are perfect! I'm interested to see how the Spellound Woods turns out in your soap. It's one of my faves!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Great soap Lysa! I love the ghostly halloween one, that is so cool how you did the swirl.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger MamaCta! said...

Hi Lysa,

I'm so impressed with your ability to post in the midst of all you have to do! I have been a little bit slack lately in my posting. I have a hard time coming up with anything thought provoking, interesting or witty in the midst of my own chaos!

I love the look of all the soaps, I wish computer screens could enable a "scratch and sniff" function.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

It must bee interesting making soaps! Your soaps look great, especially the last one, Halloween swirl! Fantastic! You have an interesting blog, I'll visiting your blog often! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home