Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

I am strong for that!!!

So we are now on day three of Cinderellathon. Lena finally allowed us to take The Little Mermaid back and exchange it for another movie. That movie is Cinderella, which she keeps seeing advertised on TV. We've told her that we will not buy her anything that is on a commercial. Unfortunately, this does not stop her from asking 20 times in 30 seconds. She has, however, figured out when something is a movie and not a toy (not alway an obvious distinction) and so knows that she can ask to trade her current movie in for a different movie.... thus, Cinderella. My parents bought her some pink and purple plastic heels for her birthday and they have magically morphed into a lost glass slipper and/or princess shoes. She has seen the movie once already today and finally let us put Spirited Away in instead, so maybe the worst is over.

Lena has entered an interesting stage (at least I hope it's a stage). She can go from cuddly, to cranky, to all out tantrum in 2 minutes. It's fairly amazing and totally confusing. I'm hoping it's just a 4 year old thing. Today, she had a complete meltdown at about noon. Finally, we put her down for a nap with a "childproof" door lock on the inside. She yelled, screamed and clawed at the door for about half an hour. When Jason went to check, her door was open, though she was in her bed. As he put the "door lock" back on she yelled and yelled for him to stop. Finally, she did her best Rosie the Riveter pose and screamed, "I got that off!! I am strong for that!!" Then she fell asleep.

I am in toddler hell.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger egassner said...

LMAO!!!
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Isn't that a great feeling?!!

Ahhh...I too am hoping it is a 'stage'

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger MamaCta! said...

Ohh boy! I love stories like that one! It's funny how the worst tantrums are always followed by crashing into a deep sleep. Whenever one of ours has one, Chris and I just look at each other and say, "this will definitely help him (or her) sleep!"

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So funny!

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gods on the enlightened crapper...

You gotta be afraid. When she gets her little hands on some steroids--and it will happen--she'll tear the door down. "I am strong for that"? Why not live in fear? Talk about a war on terror...the "terrorible fours" and suchwhat. How does anyone control a toddler with the might and mythical stature of a Jack London or Frank Norris character? It can't be done, I tells ya. I think I'll work that line into a class some time, possibly aimed at a belligerent student. It's crazy enough to work and undo my ethos in one instance.

Hellos to Jason as well...

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The princess stage will pass. Sophie, at age 6, has finally stopped wanting to watch nothing but Disney princess movies. Although we're still deep into Barbie movies. But now at least she'll also request and watch (over and over) movies like Elf, Galaxy Quest, Chronicles of Narnia and Tron.

In the interim, maybe you can try (if you haven't already) Howl's Moving Castle and The Last Unicorn. Both animated, both with princesses and both far more palatable than the stuff from the mouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home