Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Poopsplosion

If you cannot guess from the title of this post, the following information will be about poop. You should stop reading now if this offends your delicate sensibilities. Or if you're just grossed out by poop, which is completely understandable.....

Okay, so as you might have guessed we had a bit of an accident here. Well, actually, this was last week, but I'm still having flashbacks, so I thought I'd spread the joy. I'm going to tell you the moral of this story before we even begin. Moral: It is totally worth the extra $5 to buy Huggies diapers. I was convinced by my friend Jaye that the Kirkland (Costco) brand was just as good and cheaper than Huggies. Money is tight, seeing how we only have 1 1/4 jobs, so I though "great, every little bit counts" and bought the Kirklands. Fast forward to last week. We had already had a couple of mishaps where Lena's diaper had come loose on one side because the tape on the Kirklands is not very strong. These mishaps were mildly annoying, but not traumatic. Not so much on Tuesday. On Tuesday, Lena was happily playing in the living room when I smelled a terrible, but not unfamiliar, smell - only this time, it was much worse than usual. I picked Lena up and immediately knew something horrible had happened. I ran to the changing table in her room and unsnaped her jumper. It was everywhere.... on the jumper, down her legs, in her shoes, everywhere. I, of course, started screaming for Jason, who came running because I was yelling like the baby'd been mauled by wild dogs. Now, Jason has never balked from changing Lena. I know it's not his favorite job, but in general he's pretty good about it. But when he got to the room he looked horrified - as if he'd never be clean again. Lena, on the other hand was overjoyed. This she demonstrated by bouncing her poo butt up and down and laughing, which did not really not help the situation. In fact, what she was doing was the opposite of help. We got her cleaned up, but not without much grimacing and gagging. I know, I know, it could have been a lot worse, but this was bad enough people. Really, you had to be there. Just be happy we didn't take pictures.

Anyway... this was our first pootastrope - a momentous occasion in every parent's life I hear - and I'm sure it won't be our last. I'm just hoping she doesn't discover fingerpainting. Oh god am I hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home