Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Saturday, June 07, 2008

kid's books

Still looking for a good genealogy book for Lena. I checked on Amazon and found these offerings. I'm thinking about picking up the first one, Me and my Family Tree. Even though the reviews weren't great, the complaints seem to be about what I don't want in a book, which is genealogy projects. Lena's just not there yet. I mostly want something to explain relationships.

Speaking of books. There is a great blog for those of you who, like me, love children's literature. Book Buds is run by a mommy friend from Claremont, Anne Boles Levy, who belonged to my awesome mommy play group until she moved to Chicago. Another friend from that group, Deborah Haar Clark, is a contributor. The reviews are succinct, honest, and often very funny. Even if you aren't in the market for yet more kid's books, her blog is a good read, if just for the commentary.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Bkbuds said...

Awwww ... shucks! Thanks for the shout out. I checked out your Flickr photos and Lena has gotten so BIG! Still as gorgeous as ever, of course.

Hugs to all of you up Portland way. That Mommy group was the best.

Cheers,
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home