Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Got your nose

So I found out yesterday that I did not get the job I really wanted. I'll still do some adjunct work, but it won't be tenure-track. I'm still hopeful something will work out.

I put another video of the girls up on vimeo here. It's long (a little over 4 minutes) but if you like watching toddlers act like toddlers, then this is the video for you.

Pilar is now able to identify most of her body parts: eyes, ears, nose, mouth, chin, hands and feet, though she especially likes to point out her head...and then yours. Her language is really coming along, mostly due to Lena's influence. She loves to follow her sister around copying what she's doing. This is sometimes good, and sometimes not. Lena is still enough of a daredevil to make me slightly nervous, though she at least has some level of caution. Pilar, on the other hand, not so much with the caution, but A LOT with the daredeviling. Pilar has also taken to shoving things up her nose. Currently, she is blowing pieces of biodegradable napkin out of her nose. This is gross, as you may have guessed, but Lena has taken it upon herself to check Pilar periodically. She saw me use a flashlight to look up Pilar's nose one day and now every once in a while lifts Pilar's head up and looks for herself. Most of the time this makes Pilar angry, but once in a while she'll play along. That is of course the moment I can't find the camera, so you'll just have to imagine it yourselves.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home