Girl Loaf



For all your girl loaf needs!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stickers

I'm starting a new thing with Lena. First of all, I have to explain: she does not respond to almost any sort of discipline. You can't make her feel bad by telling her you're disappointed in her behavior since frankly, she doesn't give a damn. Time outs are simply opportunities to sing louder while sitting in one place. I'm not willing to beat her as much or as often as I'd need to for that to work. (and I don't believe that works anyway.) so.....we have begun an incentive program: she begins the day with 4 stickers she's picked out. As the day progresses she looses or gains stickers based on her behavior. I bought foam door hangers at Michaels for her to add stickers to before bed (or when she does something exceptionally good during the day). We're on day 2 and she seems to understand. She was very upset earlier when she lost a lady bug sticker for throwing a toy at me. I really hope this works, because I am officially out of ideas after this. Anyone want to share advice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home